RT BOOKLOVERS CONVENTION - LAS VEGAS 2016
Photo credit: Vegas Seven
OMG...where to begin? That's right...I'm in there somewhere! With over 600 authors and over 3000 reader attendees, RT16 is one for the books! (Ha...see what I did there?)
I'd like to thank Kathryn Falk, Ken, Jo Carol, Carol Stacy, Chantelle, Ashley Martinez, and the rest of the amazing RT staff for organizing such a fantastic event! (Trust me, putting up with just my questions alone gets these ladies pretty close to Saint-hood.)
All set up for the RT Giant Book Fair
~ What I Learned at RT ~
1. RT has panels, workshops, and parties for everyone. There's so much going on at the same time, you're bound to find something that you'll be interested in attending.
Author Cross Promotion and Marketing panel
with Brynn Myers, ME, KR Wilburn, Amy Daws, and Mary Ting.
2. While all of my shoes were comfortable, it was the fact that we walked at least 3-5 miles a day, to and from the convention center, that had my dogs barkin'. Seriously...Ouch!
3. Jamie McGuire is so kind and the most adorable person I've encountered in a while.
Me & the super sweet Jamie McGuire
4. PC & Kristin Cast are AWESOME people!!! I'm really sensitive to other's energies and auras and I LOVED how they felt to me! (If you're my kinda of peeps, you'll know what I mean.) Plus, it kinda blew my mind when PC bought my book at the Giant Book Fair. I hope we can still be friends even if they think it sucks! Hehehe.
PC, ME & Kristin Cast ME & PC Cast
5. I finally got to meet my friend, Darynda Jones, and yes, she's as cool as you think.
Me with the infectious Darynda Jones
6. I met Alys Arden over a pizza buffet and it was awesome! LOL. Hopefully next time we'll have more time to chat! ♥
7. I had no choice but to stick my butt in Vilma Gonzalez's face when I was trying to escape the jam packed bar at the Rio! It was awkward, but she was awesome and kind. Again, just wish we would have had more time to chat! ♥
(Did I mention that there's ALWAYS something going on? It's non-stop, go, go, go and it was AWESOME!)
8. Having Larissa Ione read your tarot cards at a Cirque de Punk party was EPIC!!!
ME & the enchanting Larissa Ione at the Cirque de Punk party
9. The Voodoo rooftop nightclub was my favorite! Amy Daws and I rocked out, and Scott Nova and I danced the night away! He was a great dance partner and the perfect gentleman. I had a BLAST!!
ME & Amy Daws gettin' our groove on, high above the City of Lights
10. Anne Jolin is positively delightful and I will miss her until we meet again! Love you, you adorable little sushi roll! ♥
11. Ashley Martinez is little ball of fire. This woman never stops working and that's something I can relate to! Can't wait to see her again! XOXO
12. It wouldn't have been a party without all my Fairy Tale Confession sisters: Brynn Myers, Amy Daws, Mary Ting, and KR Wilburn. Thanks for coming and supporting our cause! ♥ Our little Mixer/Pop-Up party was so fun! (We missed you Sarah J. Pepper!)
Amy Daws, Brynn Myers, Me, Anne Jolin, Ginger Scott & KR Wilburn
at the Fairy Tale Mixer
13. I missed getting a picture with EL James, because I was stuck in panels but am currently debating photo-shopping my head onto my friend's picture instead to make myself feel better. Amy, would you mind? LOL. JK... #theresalwaysnextyear
In conclusion, there's no way I can mention everyone and everything here, so please follow me on Instagram to see all my amazing friends and our pictures!
And oh yeah... Hope to see you in Atlanta! #RT17